Unacceptable Cuts??!! (Up to 30%)
TAs and RAs,
TRAC has canceled the next bargaining meeting with Concordia because the employer seem not to be seriously negotiating.
The other reasons to make this important decision are as follows:
1. Up to 30% cut to be expected by Concordia’s new proposal and inflicted on a substantial part of our members.
2. For the last 4 months, since Concordia has reached out to our president, Nader Jafari Nodoushan, and requested to go back to the negotiation table they have done nothing to prove their willingness to reach an agreement and have simply been offering the same proposal in different manners.
3. Concordia is not willing to accept the cost of what they agreed on a year and half ago.
4. TAs and RAs are the core of carrying out the academic plan and the very group Concordia is not caring for at all. Concordia officially claims that “We’ve also continued to increase graduate student support”, “Promote program quality” and “Build support for student success” which is clearly in conflict with their negotiation strategies.
5. Our request for Concordia to increase the pay grades is just a drop in the ocean and nothing compared to Concordia's budget.
TRAC Bargaining Committee